It's all good...

The amazing thing about life is that it keeps on going, no matter what it leaves in it's wake. Peaceful blissful times move on; confusing painful times move on.

My big 4-0 came and went in the middle of everything else going on. It seemed strange to be celebrating when so much is uncertain, but it's not every day you become a quadragenarian! I enjoyed the first half of the day very much; sleeping in while Chad got the kids to school, having unexpected chocolate and flowers arrive from coworkers, and a lunch with sweet new friends. Then school got out and life whacked me back into reality. I had no idea that asking my kids for a group photo with them would be such an unreasonable request! But there it is again. Bedtime finally arrived, life moved on. And I got a chance to celebrate again on Saturday with U-pick strawberries with happy kids and a good friend, and again on Monday when the kids went back to school and Chad and I could have a real date at The Cheesecake Factory!

I actually feel very calm about moving on into 40. Chad already did it more than a year ago, and it didn't turn him 'old' suddenly; I figure I don't have to accept any new limitations just because I'm at the top of the hill either. I do admit though--as I saw the date approaching, I did finally get myself off the couch and back pounding the pavement in an effort to help the muscle:fat ratio realign! And I noticed that Wrinkle Reducer night cream, something I've scorned at $18 a bottle, was on clearance for $5. I mean, really. Who in their right mind would pass that up??

And then there's the part of a moving-on life that is more easily missed. The thread of God's provision and promise-keeping that can be taken for granted or attributed to some personal achievement. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could be tuned in enough to see God's hand of love in all that comes our way? I try, and I often fail, but I keep trying. Because imagine the peace we would have if that was the take-away from every turn!

Today, I see His hand of love in the provision of a possible job for our family. It is not for certain, but it's a step forward, and it's affirming. We have been asked to go to Columbus, Ohio for Chad to preach in view of a call at the Crossing Community Church. That's Baptist-speak for preaching in front of a congregation and then giving them a chance to vote on whether or not to offer us the job. We ourselves feel like it is the opportunity God has prepared for us, but we also know the importance of confirmation from the congregation. We will be honored to serve them if they feel the same, and we will continue to seek God's leadership if not. It's all good, because it's all love.

Please join us in prayer that we would clearly present who we are as a family and who Chad is as a minister. Pray for the congregation to have a clear sense of who and what they are looking for. And pray that God is honored by faith and unity, no matter the decision.

Comments