Together Again

After a minor delay and a huge lightning storm, Chad and the kids arrived yesterday. Isaac is still a little clingy to me at times, but he is so excited to have his dad and his siblings around. For the first time in 3 weeks, I didn't have to spend 2+ hours getting him to bed...he just lay beside Anya as she sang and talked to him, and he eventually fell asleep without a fuss. And then Chad got up with him in the night while I stayed in my toasty bed. There are some joys that know no bounds!

As we drove home from the airport yesterday, Anya saw the Golden Arches and said, "McDonalds? Man, this place ROCKS!" How is it that I'm about to bring a new child into the world at the same time my oldest is threatening to jump head-first into teeny-bopper-ville? What were we thinking!?!?

And baby has still made no appearance, and no indication that she has any plans to soon. She is settled a little lower than before (which my rib cage is thankful for but my bladder has taken issue with) and the sciatic pain in my right hip is worse than before, so I'm feeling ready to be 'released'. But she seems to be content to hang out in there a little longer. We have 4 different doctors appointments in the next 3 days, trying to get everyone's medical needs taken care of while we're here anyway. I was hoping she would either come yesterday so I could be recovered and out of the hospital by the time Ethan needs to go to the Endocrinologist (Tuesday) or now that she waits until after all the appointments are over.

Comments