God's abundant blessings

I wrote last week that it was time to get some keys on my poor key chain. How God loves to answer the prayers of your heart with more than you can ask or imagine! We are now in Lilongwe, moved in our own house after 10 months of transitional living. As we arrived from the airport, they handed us our own set of keys...all 21of them for the house, 2 for the gate, and 2 for the car! That's 25 keys, all different, all necessary, and no master. My key chain runneth over!

Malawi is beautiful, full of birds and tropical plants and sunshine. We're adjusted to the time-change, doing ok driving on the left side of the road, and still struggling to eat much more than peanut butter and jelly, but we'll get there.

When we got off the plane last Tuesday, Anya stood on the tarmac, turned in circles, and sighed over and over again, "Home, sweet home, sweet home!" Ethan collapsed on the ground, spread out all limbs, and sobbed, "I just can't do it anymore!" Chad and I have had moments of both in the past week, but overall, we are so overjoyed to be here, so aware that this is where we are meant to be. Thank you all for your prayers, and keep them coming. One of these days the kids are going to revolt against peanut butter, and then I'm not sure what I'll do...maybe bury myself in my pile of keys!

Comments

  1. 25 keys!? Well, at least you'll have a hard time loosing them since it's tough to bury a pile of hardware like that under some papers!

    Beth and I are so glad you are settling in. We'll be praying for all of you as the highs and lows of the transition kick in. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good! That is wonderful you made it safely!! Ik can't believe you have 25 keys!! That is crazy. Can't wait to see pictures of your new home. Praying you get settled soon and adjusted to the multiple changes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Miriam! How exciting/crazy. :) I am so happy for you! And your descriptions of Anya and Ethan just about made me cry...I just wanted to scoop them up in a hug again...but I think Ethan wouldn't have really enjoyed that, huh? I miss you all...very, very much.

    But I love you more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment