Testibyte, in 199 words

At age five, in East Africa, I became a believer. My name is Chad. My parents were missionaries to Uganda. I was among the first to come to faith in their 26 years of service with the IMB. As a missionary kid, I was deeply impacted by witnessing my parents’ ministry, by interacting with African friends, and by seeing lives transformed by faith in Jesus.

Miriam, my wife, is also a missionary kid. She grew up in Ethiopia. We always wondered if God would call us back to the mission field, and so, committed ourselves to live life ready to answer that call. One night, browsing the IMB website, I learned of a need for Seminary teachers in Malawi. I read the job request to Miriam and, at once, we knew it was God’s call. As I finished reading, she said, “Let us go!”

Now we and our three young children are moving to Malawi, often called “The Warm Heart of Africa.” There, I will join a team of missionaries and Baptist nationals to provide theological education to Malawian pastors and church planters. Seminary training will further equip Malawi’s church leaders to reach the lost among their own people.

Comments

  1. I am so excited for you and am thrilled to be able to read of your journey on this blog. You are certainly in my prayers as you take this huge leap! Tom and I would love to see you when you come through Columbus. - M.W.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a Pumpelly blog!!! Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment